These instructions were provided by one of our customer.
1) follow the <a href=“http://www.didforsale.com/blog/?p=47″>same instructions</a> to setup a *SIP* trunk (not an IAX trunk)
2) in freepbx, create an IAX extension. Make sure to
- enter a secret. This secret will be used later on so make sure to enter it.
- disable dictation service
- set “Record Incoming / Outgoing” to “Never”
3) Create an inbound route that forwards to the newly created IAX extension above
4) create a new virtual fax with the same extension and secret as in step 2)
5) restart asterisk and you’re done
Hope this will help you using our DIDs for FAX.