Calling Card/Phone Card
What is Calling Card: Calling Card also knows as Phone card are cheaper alternate way to make long distance calls. Phone card companies purchase wholesale minutes from carriers in different countries and offer competitive pricing as compare to phone service provider.
How does Calling Card Work: To make a phone call using calling card, customer dials local access number or dials toll free number. Call gets connected to phone card system. Phone card system authenticates the caller based on caller ID or prompts the user to enter the pin. Once the user is authenticated she can make international calls. Over last few years, pin less calling card has been very popular where user does to have to enter PIN each time she want to make a international calls.
Phone Card is multibillion dollar industries. Every month people make billions of calls all around the world. People using phone cards save significant amount of money as compare to calling directly from their primary phone service provider.
Here are three major components required to run a phone card business.
1. Calling Card System: This is usually software that does all the verification for the caller. The software is responsible to ensure that the caller has enough credit to complete the call and charges the customer at the completion of the call. This software can offer and pin based phone card system or pinless calling calling card system. Today almost all the phone card companies use VoIP (Voice over IP) for the phone card system and use SIP trunks for inbound and outbound calls.
2. VoIP Origination Carrier: Phone card companies need to get the phone number where customer will call to connect with the software. Idea is to save customers on long distance charges. So calling card companies need to provide a Toll Free number or Local access number for customers in each areas codes. Toll free numbers usually cost around 1.5 to 2.9 cents a minute. So for a business making 10 million minute per month will be paying around $150,000 to $250,000 per month. On the other side, phone card companies offering local access numbers to their customers pay only less than $5000 for 10 million minutes. So using local access numbers for phone card can save 100’s of thousands every month. DIDForSale specializes in offering local access number in US, UK and Canada. We offer more than 11,000 rate centers that covers 95% of the population in these countries.
3. Termination Provider: Once the call is connected with the phone card system, customer dial international destination. Calling Card system is responsible to complete the call on the cheapest route. Usually phone card companies have multiple termination carriers, because there is no single carrier which can offer best rates all over the World.
Most common problems for the calling card companies are:
– Finding the single sip trunking service provider that can handle larger number of simultaneous calls on the same telephone number. Cause in a phone card system you will have many customer using the same access numbers.
– Allow the phone card business to purchase local phone numbers in different areas codes on same pool of sip trunks. Most companies have different tiers for different zones.
– With millions of calls every month, even with very low per minute rate total telephone cost can be significant. It’s hard to find the origination carriers offer unlimited minutes on sip trunks.
Why to Use DIDForSale SIP Trunking for your Calling Card Business:
Capacity and Performance: DIDForSaleis specialized in providing services to calling cards, pinless phone card and other businesses that require large number of calls per second. We can send 100’s of calls per seconds to your phone card system.
Buy What you Need: With DIDForSale SIP Trunking service, you purchase only the trunks you need based on the maximum number of concurrent calls your business needs. Our SIP trunk costs are significantly less expensive than traditional telephone lines, thus helping call card companies reduce telephone costs extensively.
Larger Coverage: Didforsale offers SIP Trunk and local access numbers all over US, UK and Canada. Unlike most of our competitors where you can get local telephone numbers only from limited area codes, with DIDForSale you can get local access Numbers anywhere US, UK and Canada. You can get a local number from Florida, California, Toranto, London and connect the calls to your calling card system. With wide range of availability you can offer calling card service to different countries.
Single Tier SIP Trunks: We have largest single tier SIP Trunking service unlike our competitors, where you pay different prices in different tiers. Phone card business need local access number from multiple location, with DIDForSale you can have one pool of SIP Trunks for all your access numbers at all locations. We can route the calls from all rate centers to your phone card system anywhere in the world.
Local Phone Numbers: Now you can local numbers from any city or state and connect the call to your calling card system anywhere in the world. With the local numbers your customers do not have to pay for long distance charges and you still get the freedom to offer calling card service to your customers in US, UK and Canada.
Toll Free Number: Want to have the convenience of a single toll free number? We can provide you toll free number in US and Canada at very low per minute cost. On toll free numbers you can get as many simultaneous calls as you want. With toll free you pay only per minute and get unlimited SIP Trunks for free.
Virtual Telephone Number: With DIDForSale SIP trunk you can get as many virtual numbers you want. All DID numbers will be linked with your SIP trunk and calls will be sent to your system on the same pool of SIP trunks. For Example, you can have 500 Local access numbers from different cities and 50 channels (sip trunks). All call on the phone number will be linked with the pool of sip trunks.
Benefits of DIDForSale SIP Trunking:
- Reduce costs. No need to purchase separate local telephone lines for each location. Purchase only the trunks you need. You can always increase and decrease the capacity based on your needs.
- Use a single, nationwide VoIP Service provider. With more than 11,000 rate centers DIDForSale offers one of the largest coverage in the country, enabling you to choose a single SIP Trunk provider for all of your VoIP Origination needs.
- Try Before you buy: We are so confident that we let you try our VoIP and SIP Trunking services for free, no payment required. You have nothing to lose.
- Unlimited Calling: With our Unlimited SIP Trunk you can receive unlimited calls on your telephone lines.
Additional SIP Trunking benefits for large businesses with multiple location:
- Increase Efficiency: Share idle SIP Trunk capacity between local access numbers at all locations. Example; Your customers call 9:00 AM local time, so that will be peak traffic in each zone. Unused capacity in east coast can be used by west coast customers and vice versa.
- Unlimited inbound calling: With DIDForSale SIP Trunks you can get unlimited minutes for all inbound calls and never pay per minute.
- Consolidating Vendors and SIP Trunking: Calling card business benefits by eliminating the need to deal with multiple vendors for support, billing and additional services.
Our Network and Compatibility:
We have fully redundant systems and networks which provide you the highest level of VoIP Service availability. Our network is designed to handle large number of simultaneous calls per second. At DIDForSale we use multiple vendors all across USA, so even if there is problem with any vendor, we can always transfer your lines to different vendor.
DIDForSale SIP Trunking solutions are fully functional with any SIP Based Phone Card system. Our engineers will work with you throughout the installation process to ensure everything works flawlessly. Remember “Try before your buy”. So you are at no risk.
What is SIP trunking: SIP Trunking is a Voice over Internet Protocol and streaming media service based on the Session Initiation Protocol by which Internet telephony service providers deliver telephone services to customers equipped with SIP-based PBX. One SIP trunk means one simultaneous call. For 100 simultaneous calls you need 100 SIP Trunks.
What is DID Number: (Direct inward dialing numbers) DID number is virtual telephone number that allow you to route calls to your PBX and existing telephone lines. DIDs (also known as DDI in Europe) were developed in order to be able to assign direct number to each employee on existing telephone lines.
What is VOIP: VOIP is an acronym for Voice over Internet Protocol, or in more common terms phone service over the Internet. If you have a reasonable quality of internet connection you can get phone service delivered through your Internet connection instead of from your local phone company.
What is Inbound SIP trunking: Inbound calls also called origination service is, where customers dial the phone number to get connected with the VoIP systems. VoIP systems can be anything like Calling Card system, PBX, Hosted PBX, Call Center software etc.
What is Outbound SIP Trunking: In outbound VoIP system dial out the destination number.